Holly offers professional services to work with the family, student, school and all other relevant professionals to assure that each student receives the appropriate education necessary to optimize his/her opportunity to achieve to the highest level of his/her potential.
As an advocate, Holly guides the student and family in obtaining the best possible modifications, or accommodations that will support the student in participating in all educational programs and activities. In addition, she works with families and schools in assuring that the appropriate assessments are used to determine a student’s current level of educational performance, and that an education plan and goals are solidly based on the needs of the student.
Holly is available to work with teachers and administrators in the implementation of each student’s IEP and monitor periodically to assure that the accommodations and/or modifications are continuing to be effective and progress continues to be made on each goal. If changes need to be made, Holly will meet with the staff and discuss ways to help the student make progress.
IMPORTANT: If your child has trouble in the early levels of school, and has three or more Dyslexia warning signs GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!
Do not wait to see if your child will grow out of it.
There is no quick fix for dyslexia. Depending on the severity of dyslexia, frequency of tutoring, and other learning challenges, specialized tutoring can take from 1-3 years to bring a student (or adult) to grade level in reading and spelling.
- Holly and her staff are trained and certified in one (or more) Orton Gillingham influenced instructional approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling.
- Free face to face (or via phone) consultation to meet the tutor and visit location.
- Eight hours of individual specialized tutoring per month.
- Baseline assessment in reading, writing, and spelling.
- Each student will help create observable and measurable goals for success.
- Student will monitor these goals based on data from each tutoring session.
- Learning notebooks are used during each session and parents/caregivers are encouraged to use it at home to reinforce skills.
- Communication with school system, upon request by the school.
- Attendance at, one (3 or 6 month contracts) two (12 month contracts), school meetings per contract term is included in tuition pricing.
For more information and pricing call 800-851-7797 or email email@example.com